Tarte au Faliure...

OK so today I had this plan to make a tarte au citron, a recipie I found in a magazine, bought all the ingredients and then started.  And failed.  Spectacularily (sp?).  The pastry broke while I was blind baking it and stuck to the parchment paper.  I went nuts, started calling myself a faliure, an idiot, saying things like "Well I'm useless at cooking, I'm never going to be able to make anything I can't even get to step 2 on the recipie..." then I threw away the pastry case and the custard I had made for the filling.

Then my fiancé came up to me (after I'd finished my hissy fit) and told me not to give up.  I felt rubbish and so he suggested that I could bake something else.  So that's what I'm going to do this evening, chocolate valentine heart shaped sponges.  I won't eat one myself, but I'll make them for him.

I had a whizz on the Wii Fit again, yoga again.  I want to get into a habit of exercising for at least 30 minutes of gentle exercise a day, on top of the 3 times a week taekwondo (which isn't on tonight because of Good Friday - sad face).  Today I missed breakfast, had half a small pot of hummus with a handful of carrots and cherry tomatoes.  Dinner is a salad with beetroot and gherkins (love, love, LOVE gherkins), tomatoes, the rest of the hummus, cucumber and lettuce.

0 comments:

Post a Comment