Pretending to be a Ninja

Hi again everyone, Allie calling!

Today (I think) so far has been a good day for me, even though it's only half 3.  I haven't binged for the last two days and by the end of today will have made 3.  We've had some sad news in the family, my fiancé's grandad passed away on Thursday.  Yesterday we met my fiancé's parents at his nan's house to give her some support and we stayed for dinner.  I usually get very anxious when I have to have dinner away from home or in front of lots of people but I had a nice healthy salad and I chose mostly vegetables and lean ham.  But the point of this story is that I had dessert: Apple pie with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.  And it didn't trigger any binge urges.  I'm so proud of myself for that.

I saw my psychologist on Thursday, which went well.  She made me aware of the fact that my ED was getting to the stage it was at when I first saw her, which means that there is a path out of it because I recovered from it last year before relapsing.

Had taekwondo training today, a one-off fitness and sparring session.   I was a bit nervous about going because I don't know many people who go to the other clubs (it was lots of clubs training today) but I was happy to see a friendly face on one lady who trains in Bexhill and is the same belt as me.  I found out I am a bit poo at sparring although I think I've improved a bit.  I also did patterns as I am entering a competition at the end of May to do patterns and sparring.  The pattern I am doing is Do-San, and one of the black belts helped me fine tune it.

I guess the point of this post is to tell you all that I am feeling empowered, like I can actually move forward out of my own mental health problems and start out on the path towards a normal life.  It's about time!

Oh and my rabbit has just chewed a big hole in my favourite jumper.  He's the one in my profile pic...

Take care,
x Allie

0 comments:

Post a Comment