Care Programme Approach (CPA) Review

I had one of these on Thursday.  Basically they are just follow up appointments to check in how you're getting on and so on and so forth.
I'm not even sure what to make of it.  I remember days when I used to dread going to see my psychiatrist because I knew the chances of me leaving having accomplished some form of communication were very slim.  But when I went in there on Thursday the mood was quite light and we even joked that we might as well watch the Royal Wedding seeing as our taxes are paying for it... True.
But actually I think I accomplished something there.  They recognised my eating problems as contributing to my overall mental well-being and we got started thinking about what could be done.  The eating disorder people won't look at me because my BMI is too high, which is stupid because a) not everyone with a low BMI has an ed and b) not everyone with an ed has a low BMI.  So another option is to see a dietician... I don't even know if I'm ready to recover.

I'm viewing May this year as a time for regeneration in myself.  I'm aiming for the next 31 days to be binge free and vegan, getting into an exercise habit and using the time I have free to to improve myself and my mental state.  I have a few goals I want to be able to review at some point and tick off:
1.  Taekwondo at least twice a week
2. Yoga at least 5 times a week for half an hour
3. Do something everyday that makes a difference to someone, without being asked to
4. Stop wearing baggy clothes to hide my body and actually embrace what I've got with nice clothes (This may take a lot of work).

I loved the Royal Wedding on Friday, Kate looked so beautiful.  It's got me thinking about what I want for my own wedding, if I ever get married, or will I be just engaged forever??
Hope not.

Enjoy the May Day bank holiday x

0 comments:

Post a Comment